Monday, February 23, 2015

Butterfly Basics Birthday HSSSC206

Pin It Now! I thoroughly enjoyed myself making today's card!  I love layers, and these are subtle, but there are plenty of them.
The sentiment panel is made up of several stamps from Butterfly Basics, then spritzed, then pierced with the coordinating piercing template.  The butterfly is a leftover wax paper layer that I used so that all the little bits don't stick in the thinlit!  I love how it's so very thin and translucent, but doesn't add bulk. I also added a sponged layer of roses stenciled with a paper laser cut sheet from this spring's Artisan Embellishment Kit.  
The sketch we are offering at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week is a great one. 
Inside, just a couple of DSP strips to complement the front.  
SUPPLIES: 
STAMPS: Butterfly Basics
INK: Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Lost Lagoon, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White Craft
PAPER: All Abloom DSP Stack, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS: Artisan Embellishment Kit Spring 2015 (pearl), 
BIG SHOT: Framelits Labels, Large Polka Dot TIEF, Butterfly Thinlits
OTHER: Piercing Pack, wax paper, Spritzing Tool


5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Love all the texture layers!!! Love the sponged layer- so soft and pretty!!! The butterfly makes the perfect accent!!! I love the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun eclectic mix that makes this card so fun to look at. I love the wax paper butterflies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika this card is GORGEOUS!!! I love all the stamped and spritzed layers of yumminess. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Erika for the sweet comment and well wishes...I didn't see where to contact you privately...I hope you don't mind that I left a message here....hugs -Donna from ButternutSageDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Love the look of that butterfly. Have not had time yet to play with that idea.

    ReplyDelete